Never Lose Track of Assets
Traditional telematics solutions track vehicles and drivers via GPS. Conventional GPS telematics, however, can’t show what’s inside each truck. That’s a logistics blind spot — a big one.
With Apptricity asset-based telematics see inventory and materials transported on every truck. It’s all part of Apptricity’s comprehensive asset-based telematics concept, where closed loop integration between vehicles and Apptricity’s M2M mobile Internet of things (IoT) ensures that you never lose track of assets.
Track your parts, equipment, tools, inventory, vehicles and crews with greater precision — warehouse to vehicle to work order – reducing shortages and improving product tracking. By eliminating misplaced products and matching onboard inventories to daily job assignments, your service teams will run more efficiently and delight customers with improved customer service.
Asset-Based Telematics Reveals What’s in Each Truck
The asset-based telematics enabled vehicle allows any organization to track its valuable inventory and assets, no matter where they are. Combining easy-to-use software with RFID tags, sensors and GPS, Apptricity provides the 360-degree real-time visibility and ‘proof of control’ accountability that’s missing in traditional GPS telematics.
While anyone can talk about telematics, only Apptricity fulfills the promise of this amazing technology in a comprehensive solution that includes patent pending I-Connect™ Controller technology.
Antennas connect to the controller and track whatever comes in and out of the vehicle. Onboard LTE and WiFi connections enable seamless communication between the vehicle and server. This delivers realtime insights for both drivers and managers alike. The I-Connect controller can communicate with RFID, Bluetooth, GPS, or Satellite tags, making it the perfect solution to reduce manual cycle counting by as much as one-hour a day, while enabling greater efficiency and cost savings, across the fleet.
Optimize Performance Using the Latest RFID Tracking Technologies
Apptricity tracks assets primarily via barcode and RFID (radio frequency identification) tags. In some cases, users work with handheld scanners; in others, RFID scanners are installed where goods pass through, like in doorways and vehicles.
Through recent advancements in manufacturing, RFID-based asset tracking is now more accessible and affordable than ever.
With RFID tag prices ranging anywhere from a few cents to $1000+, exercise your freedom to choose which tags work best for your budget. Apptricity users can mix and match with any tag that fits their tracking needs, all of which are supported within our Supply Chain Management system. Tags can be manufactured to withstand the elements, keeping your assets visible in the harshest conditions, to improve inventory accuracy, and to verify quantity by location.
More Apptricity Asset-Based Telematics Features
- Integrates with current and legacy systems and data structures.
- Accessible via web browsers and mobile platforms.
- Includes visual location indicators via GPS mapping.
- Links to asset-related documents and images.
- Incorporates role-based permissions and workflow.
- Features canned and ad-hoc reporting.
- Can generate unique barcodes.
- Advanced inventory tracking includes one-to-one, one-to many, many-to-many, many-to-one and hierarchical parent-child relationships and connectivity between assets.
- Includes maintenance, warranty and service information details.
- Grants user rights to define data fields.
- Incorporates event-based alerting.
- Features maintenance and repair operations management.
- Includes complete work order management and scheduling (in optional module).