In this day and age, social use of technology is advancing rapidly. Generation Z, born between 1995 and 2009, is taking over, and businesses are trying their best to keep up with them. Members of Generation Z will not only be using their mobile devices and tablets, but they will also be using devices such as wearable technology and even augmented or virtual reality.
As discussed at the Sabre Connect 2015 event in Las Vegas last week, this latest generational movement is engaging with the world on a more visual basis. They are learning more through trying and seeing versus sitting and listening. As this generation grows alongside technology, businesses and companies must do the same.
- There are 2 billion members of Generation Z — also known as Generation Zero — in the world, with the United States being the country with the third largest number.
- The percentage of Generation Zers in the workforce will jump 10% in just 5 more years, shifting from 2% to 12% by 2020.
- 1 in 2 has a university education, compared to the 1 in 3 of Gen Y (Millennials), or 1 in 4 of Gen X.
- On the average, Generation Zers will have 17 jobs in their lifetime and 15 homes, thus forecasting an ever-changing business world.
- Generation Z is averaging 10 hours and 19 minutes of tech use per day, which will result in businesses targeting those devices more and more.
- As a result of all the advances in technology, about 77.9% of Generation Z males and about 61.8% of Generation Z females will be obese when they reach adulthood (approximately 2027).
As you prepare for each wave of new technology, you must also prepare for the evolution of the technology users as well. Sabre’s insight into the ever-changing world of technology can help businesses better prepare for the changes ahead. As one of the first to introduce mobile spend and supply chain solutions, Apptricity has been leading clients towards a more advanced system, keeping our clients one-step ahead by delivering cutting-edge cloud-based solutions developed with their present and future needs in mind.