In this day and age, everything is automated. From paying your bills to ordering more laundry detergent, most day-to-day activities can be accomplished by using your phone, or even simply pushing a button. Staples® Easy Button™ has been made a reality. So, why are you still spending hours gathering your receipts from travel and purchases, filling out paper forms, and making endless copies – only to have to wait weeks, or even months after submitting expenses to actually be reimbursed?
Paper-based travel and expense reporting systems have long been a huge drain on employee productivity and, more importantly, they are next to useless when it comes to providing actionable data to corporate managers. Have you ever thought to yourself “there has got to be a better way”? There is and it is called Apptricity Travel and Expense. Create expense reports from anywhere – anytime. Capture your receipts with your phone while you are on-the-go and toss the paper ones in the trash. Submit your report while you are in a cab on your way home, have it approved (even though your approver is on their own business trip), and get reimbursed in record time. Let Apptricity be your travel and expense management Easy Button™.
Have you already asked your company to automate, but they didn’t see the value? Present these 5 questions and responses to your boss to help make your case.
- Do you want real-time budget control? With an automated solution, you will know in real-time how much money is being spent on which trips, dinners or events and know where your money is going and why. Eliminate over-spending surprises. Approaching the end of quarter, maximum budget limit, and have a costly sales trip coming up? Prevent the over-spend, or have the data at your fingertips to make an informed decision on whether or not the trip is worth over-spending the budget for the quarter.
- Do you want to improve your auditing powers? The solution wouldn’t only automate workflow and processes. It would automate auditing. It would automatically search for and flag duplicates, or randomly audit a certain percentage of expense reports over a certain dollar amount. Instead of actively having to look for suspect expenses, simply get a notification in your inbox.
- Do you want to enforce use of preferred vendors? Easily make sure employees are booking their flights on the company’s preferred airline and their overnights at the company’s preferred hotels, or buying office supplies from the company’s preferred store. Automated TEM will give you exponentially greater control over how employees are spending the company’s money.
- Do you want to increase value from partnerships? Gain that annual rebate and maintain your volume-based pricing incentive. Automated TEM solutions allow for real-time tracking of the company’s performance against preferred providers’ contracts.
- Do you want to get some of your time and your staff’s time back? An automated process requires fewer people to physically handle, review and approve expense reports. Simple as that. Reallocate time spent on expense reporting to a more productive area. Time saved can be used to do current jobs better and allow time to take on additional responsibilities, opening opportunities not only for the employees, but for the company as a whole.