Last week Apptricity attended the North Texas WERCouncil 14th Annual Warehousing Resource Convention. After speaking to the many attendees and sponsors in the warehousing industry, it is clear how big of a difference an automated Warehouse Management Solution can make in your business’ supply chain process. Many companies we interacted with at the event are still on a manual system, and they are all fed up with it. Unlike the manual system many still use, an automated system allows for complete awareness, control and operational optimization. Apptricity Warehouse offers an excellent set of features in a service-oriented architecture (SOA) framework providing a modular approach to our solutions that helps mitigate implementation risks.
Day-to-day warehouse tasks that can be seamlessly accomplished using an automated solution such as Warehouse include:
- Inbound receiving: An automated system can facilitate the tracking of inbound items using desktop computers or wireless devices.
- Inventory Management: Inventory adjustments or updates, location and tracking on and off the trucks are available real-time across all sites and facilities from your mobile/desktop device anywhere in the world.
- Administration: Warehouse’s easy-to-use interface is designed for efficiency, few screen changes and minimal system modifications, which makes warehouse management smooth and easy.
- Putaway: From any device, you can streamline your putaway operations, providing for system-directed wireless shelving and customization of dedicated locations for different types of inventory.
- Picking and Shipping: The solution can accommodate multiple picking methods as well as different shipping methods, which makes the transition from warehouse to customer much more efficient.
- Yard Management: We also extend our automated warehouse management system to your yard, because we realize that the yard is the entry way to the warehouse. Organization up front helps “set the tone” on how the warehouse will operate inside, as well.
With unpredictable supply-and-demand fluctuations, potentially resulting in missed opportunities, delayed customer responses and growing workforce inefficiencies, it is best to automate your Supply Chain process and effectively manage your warehouse from any device, anywhere.