We scoured Twitter and gathered tweets pertaining to users’ travel and business expense management solution. There were common themes among the tweets and we narrowed them down to the top four complaints.
1. It takes too long to submit an expense report, from slow “save functions” to too many requirements to fill out a report, making the process a nuisance.
Let’s face it. Expense reporting is boring and your time could be better spent elsewhere. Unfortunately, it is a workplace necessity. That is why Apptricity has included many features to help make the process simple and fast.
- Apptricity Travel and Expense allows you to work offline. On an airplane without access to a network and can’t sleep? Why not go ahead and start working on your expense report for the trip? When you get home or access to a network, your account will automatically sync with work done offline and all you have to do is hit submit.
- OCR technology allows you to capture images of your receipts. Simply take a picture, and data is transferred into the report. Less data entry for you permits more time to be dedicated to your more critical responsibilities.
- Apptricity TEM has specialized entry wizards that make it easy for users to enter even the most complex expenses; eliminating some of the annoyance associated with expense reporting hotel bills and mileage.
2. Cannot approve expense reports on mobile phones.
Many times, TEM solutions will overlook the needed functionality to improve the managers and approvers experience. Apptricity’s functionality has you covered.
- Approve expense reports from our mobile application while you are out of office. This will speed time to reimbursement for your direct reports, which always makes them happier.
- We also don’t want you to be inundated with reports that you will have to decline. That is why we have a robust business requirements tool that allows you to set your specific business rules. This prohibits your direct reports from submitting expenses that are out of policy.
- On vacation? Define delegates or surrogates who can approve expense reports while you’re unavailable. Expense submitters can also track surrogate approvals from their visual workflow. No need to slow down the process, if you’re out of office on personal time or don’t have mobile access.
3. It can be confusing to select a flight, and the air travel section is confusing.
Apptricity believes in being the best in breed in our particular industry and space. We are not a travel booking service, however we understand the importance of your TEM system having a travel component. That is why we partner with the best in the travel booking industry and integrate with all travel companies; including Sabre GetThere, Egencia (Travelocity), Orbitz or any other preferred provider.
- Our developers focus 100% on making the expense reporting, administration, and auditing tools easy, simple and flexible. Our partners focus 100% on making their travel booking solution easy for our users.
- The seamless integration connects directly to the booking site and details are auto-loaded into Apptricity TEM. If your travel itinerary changes, updates are automatically synced.
- By partnering with the best-of-the-best in travel booking, we are providing an opportunity for you to have your cake and eat it too.
4. Tutorials to use the solution are poor/nonexistent.
Apptricity University provides classes and tools throughout implementation to increase understanding and reduce integration fatigue. Many different options are available to accommodate specific needs. All classes are offered at your place or ours.
- Administrative classes are geared toward power users, key project/business decision makers, IT personnel and application administrators, focusing on the functional areas of the application from a support perspective.
- End user classes are geared toward general business leaders, trainers and end users, focusing on integrating the functionality into the user’s daily lives.
- Functional classes can be used for train-the-trainer (providing an on-site expert) or for rolling out the application to end users company-wide.
Happy employees are productive employees. As you can see, our TEM software solution effectively addresses the most common issues users tweet about on Twitter. We are simple, flexible and easy to use…and we are making it even easier for our clients by providing a new mobile version release in March 2016 and a new major TEM software release in May 2016. For more information or to get started, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.