We live in a mobile world. Two-thirds of American adults own a smartphone and they are using them at an average rate of over 2 hours per day (non-voice). Search engines are responding to the mobile world, by ranking mobile-friendly sites in a higher fashion. Developers are responding by creating mobile websites, rather than native mobile applications. This is appropriate in some business cases. However, when it comes to your business travel and expense software solution, native mobile applications are very important. User adoption is the driving factor for success for any enterprise software, and travel and expense is no different. While some travel and expense software providers have decided to stop updating their mobile applications, opting for singular focus on a mobile-friendly user site, Apptricity continues to improve upon our already impressive travel and expense mobile apps.
All of Apptricity user sites have a responsive design that our developers continue to improve with each version release, however we find it equally important to provide users with a state-of-the-art, user-friendly and efficient native mobile application. The only way to deliver this is to provide constant updates to our applications. Why are we so passionate about this? Because, it is what our users want! Listed below are seven reasons we think native mobile applications are better than mobile websites for user adoption of a business travel and expense management solution.
- Native mobile applications provide users offline capability – allowing them to access content and perform functions without a network connection
- Native mobile applications provide a better way for users to interact with the site in a more personalized fashion
- Features within the mobile application will match the operating system of the users’ mobile device, lessening the learning curve
- Native mobile applications provide a better platform for reporting and viewing charts
- Native mobile applications will more effectively access users’ cameras (for receipt capture)
- Native mobile applications are easier and faster to access by the user
- The processing power of the device is accessible to and used by the native mobile application making processing times faster
Learn more with this infographic or contact us at info.apptricity.com.